the life and times of kit

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

More on the High Schools

So I'm a big dork and just read that entire list. I realized, too, that I was wrong: it's not just public schools. Which makes the metric even sillier. A lot of private schools don't encourage their kids to take a bunch of AP tests or offer any AP classes at all. So measurement on that sole factor is ridiculous.

I also got to check out the rankings of a lot of schools we played sports against when I was little (beyond just Dulaney). There are a TON of Maryland schools on this list overall - and lots from VA, IL, MI, NY, CA and NJ (I don't find that surprising at all).

Here are some of the other interesting schools:
#184 - Broadneck HS in AA County (and yes, this annoys me)
#321 - Ridgewood HS in NJ (Doug wins)
#367 - Wilton High School in CT (home of many Waskoms)
#386 - South River in AA County MD
#392 - Carver Center for Arts and Technology right here in Towson
#452 - Towson HS in, obviously, Towson
#557 - Annapolis HS in, obviously, Annapolis
#692 - Loch Raven High School...also in Towson
#858 - Old Mill HS in AA County

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home