the life and times of kit

Monday, July 11, 2005

Seen in Southwestern VA

Friday night, Cooper and I drove down to Roaring River, NC (not near anything) so he could pick up a bed for his new pickup/tow truck. The weather was good and, since we avoided 95 the whole way, the drive was really nice. It reminded me a lot of the drive down to Williamsburg and the happy feeling I used to get when I saw certain landmarks (Horne's at the corner of 301 and 17) - excited to either be getting back to school or going home.

I was disturbed by one, small thing I saw on the trip, though. We stopped for dinner in Roanoke (sorry, Erin - we were on a really tight schedule, and I didn't know we were driving past Lexington until that day, otherwise we would've stopped). At a gas station, I watched two teenage girls get some water out of a spigot attached to the station store. That's random enough in itself. What really bothers me, though, was that neither one of them was wearing shoes.

I blame Britney. I wish her influence could be curbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home