the life and times of kit

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Dream Blogging and Maps

Since I started this blog, I have consciously resisted posting anything at all about my dreams. Not because I don't have vivid dreams - I do - but because I usually find reading about other people's dreams incredibly boring.

I'm going to break that today, though. I won't get into plot details (in part because I can't remember any) but I will say this: my dreams for the past few weeks have been less about action and more about place. Specifically, about a city. This city is a crazy combination of Baltimore and Washington and Lisbon and probably some other places I've been and is extremely vivid - more so in each subsequent dream. Its also a place with a lot of very cool shops and restaurants.

Last night a big chunk of the dream involved me looking at maps of the city and telling someone I was with about the different places where I'd lived and worked.

So I woke up thinking about maps and how much they fascinate me. My office calendar this year is a collection of ancient maps, even. And this morning, I remembered this post by Stephen Green about creating a real map of the world - totally cool concept, totally beyond my capabilities. I also remembered that a few months ago I scanned in a couple of metro maps I picked up while in Europe (belo). I love how all metro maps look so similar...even though the metro experience itself is so varied...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home