the life and times of kit

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Auditory Me

As I was writing the post about my inability to recall anything while listening, my brother sent me a song (Post-Paint Boy) to listen to, saying he thought I'd like it ("It's about the vapidity of the current art scene."-TW). I did...the shallow nature of many post-pop artists is a pet annoyance of mine...but it also reinforced my lack of auditory comprehension skills.

I had to stop everything else I was doing to listen to the words of the song. I'm sure this is why I don't listen to music while I do work. I can write while listening to Big Head Todd or Van Morrison - that's it (and don't ask me why those two and nothing else).

This is also probably why I am not nearly as into music as my brother or sister. I wonder how I did on the listening parts of tests when I was little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home