the life and times of kit

Thursday, May 26, 2005

What I'm Reading

In the last post, I mentioned my track record for finishing books (roughly 30%). I am, however, on a roll right now. Last week I read Garlic and Sapphires (Ruth Reichl) in a couple of days. Like her other two books, I thought it was amazing.

As soon as I finished it, I went to the library to try to get a book by M.F.K. Fisher - to stick with the food memoir thing. Unfortunately, the Towson library isn't exactly sophisticated in its collection of older books, so the only copy was checked out. Instead, I picked up Eating My Words by Mimi Sheraton, the restaurant critic at the Times two people before Reichl. I'm about halfway finished now and it looks like I'm going to read it all the way through, even though it is so painfully obvious that Sheraton's almost 80. She just writes like an old lady would speak.

I do love the food writing these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home