the life and times of kit

Monday, April 25, 2005

Boring Update because I Feel Like I Should Post

1. My herb garden has not progressed. While last week I did pull my hamstrings weeding for a few hours (got little done) and yesterday Cooper cleared some space for me, the herbs I bought are still sitting outside in their little plastic containers. They're dying from the cold. Right now, from my window, I can see one of them (the thyme I think) face down on the patio. I went outside earlier to straighten them up and saw a dead bird (a big one) right there on the patio next to it. It freaked me out enough that I had to leave the herbs as they were and go back inside. Apparently I can't deal with death.

2. For the past 3 weeks, our heat/AC switch has been broken. So our heat doesn't work. It was below 40 last night. I'm freezing.

3. Despite the cold, I read two really good books last week and have yet another authorly crush. This one is Ruth Reichl, editor of Gourmet and former restaurant critic for the NYT. I read her first two books on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. They were both extremely entertaining and well written. And I love books with recipes.

4. I am SO EXCITED for my big judging debut tomorrow. I plan to take lots of pictures, as long as I'm allowed. My own science fair experience was limited to a fourth grade study of tooth decay (pretty prescient, considering what lay in store for me, dentally)...that my mother did for me. I remember sitting next to her as she did it, but I played a minimal role. She was always better than I was at the science projects (she did a great job making my rocket in 11th grade physics...I mean, it was AFTER the AP test...its not like it counted for much...). Anyway, science fair judge. Excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home