the life and times of kit

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

More Unabashed Althouse Worship

I've mentioned here before that I really, really like pretty much everything Ann Althouse writes. Her very law-focused posts lose me sometimes, but that's just because I'm not that into the detail of the law. But her pop culture posts...they're awesome.

Like this one, where she mentions that God Only Knows by the Beach Boys is her favorite song. Those of you who made it through my big list of music (aka the post that inspired the "get a job" comments from BOTH my readers) and/or this subsequent post know how much I love that song, too. A lot.

What you probably didn't know, though, is just how much I (like Althouse) detest the song Love the One You're With (Stephen Stills). I'm not as anti-CSN as she is (and I'm certainly not as pro-Neil Young as she is...something about him repels me) - but that song feels like a travesty to me. I don't hate the music itself, but the words bring something out in me. Some sort of hidden morality that just can't deal with the message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home