the life and times of kit

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Blogging about Blogging

Expect a biiiig post from me in the next couple of days. Almost a piece of original reporting, really. Last night I went to the fantastic Left Foot Braking/Rob Bergstrom show/CD release party at the Gravity Lounge in Charlottesville. It was Rob's 30th birthday, so CJ and I went down to visit and my sister drove over from Lexington. Lots of fun and I, naturally, took lots of notes.

Which brings me to my blogging about blogging. Granted, I have always been a note-taker, even in the days before I could publish my notes for fives of readers to see on the internet. My first trip to Europe - over 90 pages of notes. Honeymoon in Portugal - 87 pages. Last night's notes (all taken on random credit card receipts with a borrowed pen) are over 3 pages long...and the night only lasted a few hours.

So I've always been a note-taker, but last night I realized just how much the ability to blog has effected the way I experience things. Last night, I was taking chronological notes, but I also broke in a lot to make notes about specific posts. Interesting. Really only to me, but I mean, this is my blog.

So, more to follow on the great Rob Bergstrom and other assorted issues. Pictures, too. Just not tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home