the life and times of kit

Friday, August 19, 2005

Mini-Obsessions

Like most people (I think) I go through phases during which I'm sort of obsessed with certain songs, and they pop into my head on a regular basis. From December to mid-May it was "Mr. Brightside." For a brief, random time at the beginning of July, I was all about Erasure's "Respect." I'm sure this is normal.

But for the past two weeks, I've had this kind of relationship with a quote and a specific word in the quote. Its from the funeral episode of Six Feet Under, when Brenda calls the poem Nate chose "mystical, maudlin crap." For no reason at all, that phrase has been in my head a great deal, and I've had to consciously keep myself from overusing the word "maudlin."

I wonder why this happens. Is there some sort of crazy psychological or even chemical reason? It seems so random...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home