the life and times of kit

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Exposed

As of yesterday, my blog is officially open to the public. It always was, I guess, but now that I've actually told a few people about it, it's open to the public that I know. Which really is much more "public."

After I unveiled my soapbox yesterday, I was instantly self-conscious about what I'd written over the past few weeks. Thinking back, my posts have been all over the place, both in terms of content and style. I guess I'm still figuring out my "voice" and what I really like to talk about.

Most of the blogs I read are at least quasi-political, so it's easy for my to link to them and go that route. Except that most of the bloggers I read know a whole lot more about politics than I even care to, so I don't have a whole lot to add in that realm. My brother, in fact, mentioned that some of my posts were a little Instapundit-in-a-skirt (with a much, MUCH smaller audience). And I'm certainly not going to out-insta Instapundit. (There's your first shoutout, Tom. Happy now?)

But since I've been reading so much about politics, I haven't been thinking as much about pop culture and marketing - both of which are really more my thing.

I guess the push-pull of different blogs and other "offline" influences (to get techie about it) will continue, until one day I'll realize that I've found some kind of balance. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home