the life and times of kit

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Should Have Posted Last Night

Before I fell asleep last night, I constructed a post in my head. It was an open letter to the writers of Law & Order, addressing the most bizarre line in the history of the show: "Is it because I'm a lesbian?"

Unfortunately, by the time I get around to writing about it today, what I planned to say has already been said, only better. Between The Corner and The Gay Patriot (both the post and some of the comments), they've got me covered: It was too abrupt, but in keeping with the show's lack of character development/it shows just how clueless people can be about Republicans (Fred Thompson's character)/it perfectly demonstrates the victimization mentality that is way too prevalent in certain parts of society/it was just ridiculous.

I'm happy to see Serena go, though. I liked Elizabeth Rohm on Angel, but she was a crappy partner for Jack McCoy. So overly dramatic and stiff. And I'm glad she got fired. Spices things up a bit.

On a kinder note to the writers: good case last night. All nuanced and whatnot. I enjoyed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home