the life and times of kit

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

What's Old Is New Again, Pussycat?

It could very well just be me...but I've noticed a bit of a Tom Jones revival lately. Wasn't he in a GAP ad last year? And this year, Lenny Kravitz remakes a song...another song is in a Special K commercial (that I find very amusing)...and I swear I've just heard a lot of him on the radio. Maybe he never really went away and it's that I'm just discovering him, but he does seem to be just everywhere.

I have a good Tom Jones story, too. Back in the day, my mother-in-law went out on a date with him. She was young and living in London at the time, working at the BBC. I don't know the whole story, but I do know their relationship only lasted one date. I think he was a bit much for her, even in her swinging twenties...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home