the life and times of kit

Friday, June 03, 2005

Thoughts on Group Blogs

(yes, I realize this is pretty much the definition of navel gazing)

My hero, Ann Althouse, has some thoughts on the differences between group and individual blogs. I've thought about this some recently, with the supposed addition of new bloggers to my roster. She mentions the difference between writing as yourself and writing as a part of a group - whether group bloggers take more care in choosing their words, or censor themselves, because they're representing something larger than just their own opinion.

That hasn't - and wouldn't - be an issue for me here, since my name will always be the URL. I wonder, though, is that why my guest bloggers have been so quiet since, um, day one?

(I promise I'll post more next week. I've been away from my computer most of the week, painting the new house...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home