the life and times of kit

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Red

No wonder I'm so into Ann Althouse: she's a redhead. Even though she has blond hair now, she still (rightly) identifies with redheads as a group. I'm the exact same way. A few years ago, my red was overtaken by brown, but I still very stubbornly insist that I am a redhead. It's way too big of a part of who I am to give it up.

It does seem a little cruel that so many redheads lose their hair color so young. Especially considering that most spend their childhood years hating the color because it makes them stick out. When I was very little, I didn't like my red hair or my freckles. But by the time I was in high school, I was totally into both. It probably helped that I had several friends in the redhead club with me.

There is just something very special about having natural red hair. Which I will insist I do even when mine is pure white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home