the life and times of kit

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Steeeee-pheeeeen

If only I had DSL, and wasn't relying on dial-up that kicks me off the internet every three seconds, I'd have linked to this Gawker Laguna Beach expose last week, when it first appeared. Looks like those pics Erin posted were fakes...

But on to more current matters. I'm pretty sure nothing good can come of LC hooking up with Stephen, if that's what she did in Mexico. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea at the time, as so many things can on your 19th birthday. At this point, LC needs to resign herself to the fact that she's not going to have a decent relationship with anyone for a long time. She'll compare everyone she meets to an idealized version of Stephen in high school, and no one will measure up. And she'll continue to hook up with him every time he comes home. And every time he leaves, she'll be sad, but hope that this time he'll realize he loves her, and they'll live happily ever after.

Then one day, sometime around her 25th birthday, she'll realize that Stephen never really felt that way about her, and was never that cool anyway, because guys who are on reality TV never are. And that she's wasted 7 years of her life pining away.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but if LB is a really real show, that's exactly what's going on behind the scenes. Of course, if its only "real", then LC probably has nothing to worry about.

And yes, I do know what a huge dork I am for being this emotionally invested. But its like watching a thinner, prettier, blond version of myself at that age. I just want to help her.

6 Comments:

  • BUT, you have to check out the continuity issues in the episode...At Kristin's birthday party, Talan clearly has some reddish highlights in his artfully mussed hair. But "the next day" when he and Kristin have lunch, his hair is really dark and close cropped. Makes me wonder if maybe the lunch with Kristin took place at a VERY different time. Unfortunately, she was wearing a hat, so I couldn't compare her roots, which looked (thankfully) less noticeable than usual at her party.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • BUT, you have to check out the continuity issues in the episode...At Kristin's birthday party, Talan clearly has some reddish highlights in his artfully mussed hair. But "the next day" when he and Kristin have lunch, his hair is really dark and close cropped. Makes me wonder if maybe the lunch with Kristin took place at a VERY different time. Unfortunately, she was wearing a hat, so I couldn't compare her roots, which looked (thankfully) less noticeable than usual at her party.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • they did make an unusually big deal out of his haircut...

    that whole scene (with Kristin and Talan at the restaurant) was so weird to me. When she kept saying, "we really need to hang out", first, I was like "what do you think you're doing now?" and then I was like "what kind of HS girl has this much confidence?"

    I kind of hope that when she gets to college, she can't get into a good sorority b/c she was on TV. Yes, super-dorky. I know.

    By Blogger Kit Pollard, at 1:58 PM  

  • Well, I know that Christina got balled from Theta at SMU because of the show. Wow. Clearly, I need to get a job. Soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM  

  • Please. I "have" a "job." In fact, I'm working right now. The day I don't have time to worry about finding out that a reality star is in my sorority...well, I just think that's a day I don't want to see

    By Blogger Kit Pollard, at 2:09 PM  

  • Talan and Kristen did talk about him cutting his hair off because of his "ADD". But I see your point. I read the Gawker article myself and am very sad about that photo album. But I did have fun looking at the pictures anyway!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home