the life and times of kit

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Collar Up Is So Over

Even the Village Voice is talking about it. Talk about robbing a look of any traces of its original pretentious exclusivity. I'm pretty sure an article in the VV does that.

It made me laugh, though. Self-conscious and mildly funny writing that embues mass market trends with sociopolitical meaning always does. I'm into the whole hemlines/stock market thing.

My favorite sentences from the article...definitely the very Zen, "When there is silence in a place used to chaos...it's a reaction, whether it wants to be one or not" (on collars that are down) and the line that wins the "most likely to be said by my brother" superlative, "It's heavy lifting, changing the connotation of fashions, but I do what I can."

(Thank you, Steve, for sending me this. BTW, I took "It's probably the most "Kit would lovethis" thing I have ever read" in a positive way...I hope I was supposed to.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home