the life and times of kit

Monday, October 17, 2005

Disappointment of the Weekend

We had a really fun night on Friday. My sister and one of her roommates came up (they were home for fall break) and we met a bunch of people out for the last happy hour of the year at Belvedere Square. Now that the weather's getting colder, the outdoor evenings wind down.

Post-happy hour, we spent a few hours at the wine bar, entertaining the bartenders (especially Erin and Lis) and celebrating Bill's birthday. When we got home, Cooper made a fire in our copper fire pit (first one all year!) and we hung out in the backyard for a bit.

Unfortunately, I must have enjoyed the fire a little too much. Granted, Cooper nearly drowned all of the wood in lighter fluid - most of it was so damp from the rain last week that it never would've ignited otherwise. And I did realize that, as a result, the fire was particularly sparky. But it wasn't until we got back inside, in the light, that I noticed that my shirt had caught on fire.

It went out, actually, before I really noticed. And, to be fair, the shirt was tissue paper thin. And only $10. But I got it in Paris! Now it looks like someone stuck a lit cigarette right in the middle of my chest...I don't think there's any way to hide it.

So until cigarette burny shirts become a mainstream fashion statement, I guess it's retired...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home