the life and times of kit

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Holidays and Milestones

It was a big weekend for the Pollard-Waskom family. Though Cooper and I showed our age by choosing not to go anywhere near any bars on Thanksgiving Eve, we more than proved that we're still social the night after Thanksgiving, when my sister and brother and his girlfriend came to Towson. It was a fairly typical night - we met Alicia and Mike and Owen and Megan at the wine bar, had snacks and drinks, then retired to Alicia and Mike's house to play with their iPod and break things.

Saturday wasn't easy for anyone, I don't think. I eased my headache by sitting on the sofa, watching ten straight episodes of My Super Sweet 16. I still think VH1 should do a similar show about 30th birthdays.

Speaking of thirtieth birthdays, we spent last night at the Spy Club celebrating my friend Mandy's. Despite the sometimes oppressive heat, we had a good time - it was a cool space and we got to hang out with a bunch of Severna Park friends we don't see all the time. I especially enjoyed the super geeky part of the night, when Paul and Ryan and I used Paul's PDA to show each other our web sites. There was some mocking of us by others. I suppose that's understandable.

Now that Thanksgiving and Mandy's birthday are behind us, we're officially into Christmas and Kit & Cooper's Birthday Season (Mandy's birthday is exactly one month before mine, so it's arrival sends me into high alert every year.) Generally, this season brings me the usual joy, along with the also usual elevated levels of stress and panic that I've gotten one year older. We'll see how that goes this year. Maybe turning thirty will be a turning point for me. Or maybe I'll cry all month.

Hoping, obviously, for the former.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home