the life and times of kit

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Another Day Older

I'm almost 10 hours into my 29th birthday and so far, my body hasn't crumbled under the weight of my ancient bones. When Cooper left for work this morning, he said, "Happy Birthday. Are you going to cry all day?"

That doesn't make me sound pathetic and whiny at all, huh? Actually, I feel great today. Maybe 29 won't be such a rough year after all. I always loved my birthdays - until I turned 25. But it's possible - possible - that my yearly anxiety is behind me, at least for a few more years (until I hit 35).

For right now, anyway, I'm pretty happy about my birthday. It's beautiful outside (sunny but cold), I'm getting my hair cut, having lunch with a friend in Annapolis, and going out to dinner tonight (and tomorrow night). I guess that's the spoonful of sugar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home