the life and times of kit

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Thematic Posts

I'm pretty sure there's a connection between my post about the McSweeney's article (which is ALL OVER the internet today) and the one I just wrote about gym clothes and iPods and Best in Show. I think it has something to do with human need to belong and how that translates in a marketing-driven, capitalist culture.

If I tried really hard, I could probably even tie it into The Gates, Christo's happy saffron installation in Central Park (which I think is totally cool because I'm into Christo). Collective experience potentially replacing the need for identity through material goods?

Fortunately for the readers, I'm probably too lazy and will be too busy over the next three days to really think these ideas through. So you can do your pretentious musing on your own...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home