the life and times of kit

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Call Me a Loyalist...

But I had no idea that VH1 was ever in trouble. At least not enough to enjoy a 20% increase in ratings over the past year. That's big.

I really am an early adopter of the VH1 (that's me pretending I'm writing marketing recommendations in a power point presentation - which is apparently ALL I DO these days). In high school, every night that vaguely sucked ended with my friends and I sitting in my parents basement, watching standup on VH1 (I guess those were the pre-Comedy Central days) and with my friend Pete falling asleep and waking up cranky around midnight.

During college I didn't have cable, so I guess my VH1-watching must have tapered off. But as soon as I graduated I was back on the horse - and that's when the Golden Age began. All those BTMs...brilliant. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the Motley Crue episode. Rationally, I know that Tommy Lee is a wife beater...but I just can't help myself...he's such a rock star.

And a drummer, too. Drummers and midfielders...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home