the life and times of kit

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Considerably Cooler than I Am

I don't have an ounce of hipster in me (seriously, not even an ounce) except that I love Beck and all things like this. It has all my favorite parts of Odelay mixed with all of my favorite parts of Midnite Vultures, only its cooler.

I actually saw Beck on the Midnite Vultures tour in 2000. What a ridiculous show. It really was like watching performance art with good music. I would highly recommend. In fact, that was my second favorite concert ever (first was U2 All that You Can't Leave Behind which was just too iconically amazing to beat Beck. And third was Dave Matthews opening for Phish in Lexington VA my freshman year of college, two years before DMB was famous outside of VA. They encored together with "Over the Rainbow" - soooo 1994. I think I was actually wearing a flannel shirt tied around my waist.)

Anyway, Beck. Recommended. He's brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home