the life and times of kit

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

RIP


bears forget their manners
Originally uploaded by Kit Pollard.

Stan Berenstain, author of a zillion books read and loved by the Waskom family, died last Saturday at age 82.

During the late 80's, when my sister was little, I probably had all of these books memorized. We read them so often.

The Post article is a nice one. I was surprised, though, to read that Charles Krauthammer thought Papa Berenstain was "wimpy" and emasculating. Obviously not so emasculating that the books changed the caveman-like attitudes of the Waskom males...

Very sad. But the books are timeless.

2 Comments:

  • My personal favorite (not because I TOTALLY related to it or anything) is "The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday".

    By Blogger Cail, at 11:12 AM  

  • I was telling Cail yesterday that I especially liked "Forget Their Manners" because it provided a nice counterpoint to "Benji Goes to a Restaurant."

    By Blogger Kit Pollard, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home