the life and times of kit

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Intrigue

How awesome is this: two long-missing Heinrich Burkel paintings resurfaced at a recent auction. The paintings went missing after being removed from a museum during WWII and apparently made their way to a man in Pennsylvania, who bequeathed them to his daughter. She put them up for auction, completely unaware of their history.

Also super-cool: the FBI has a new art crimes team. Apparently they believe the market for stolen art is growing, so there's a need for an art-specific group. Right now I am imagining a whole bunch of Sean Connerys and Catherine Zeta-Joneses squirreled away in an historic Philadelphia house, using state-of-the-art technology and brilliant cunning to nab art thieves, all while in black-tie attire. LOVE IT.

I wish I'd known about this job when I was in college. Fortunately, my sister is an art history major, so I might be able to live vicariously through her. Erin, get on it. For real.

2 Comments:

  • I did, in fact, know that you had dreams of becoming a ladylike Jason Bourne. That's why this would be PERFECT.

    And maybe sometimes you could take me to the fancy Monte Carlo parties you'd have to go to, and I could help be a part of your cover. That would be SUPER cool.

    By Blogger Kit Pollard, at 5:14 PM  

  • my spirit was lifted upon reading your blog. One of my paintings was lost... you can read the story in my blog at www.leorenaissance.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Mind / Works, at 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home