the life and times of kit

Friday, April 01, 2005

Lunching

Its amazing how completely frivolous activity can be so exhausting. Like drinking at lunch. I just had lunch with my mom, grandmother and mother-in-law...its really tiring to hear multiple stories about how cute I was at three, dressing up in my grandmother's mink and heels and jewelry...and how completely opposite my brother was (apparently my father used to hold him down so my mom could dress him in his little suits, which only stayed on for about 2 minutes max)...and how totally different from both of us my sister was, probably at least in part because we were both old enough to torture her when she was three.

Lunch was really nice, though, and at times I think I could get used to not ever working and spending my days drinking Chardonnay in restaurants catering to the elderly. I don't think I actually have the domestic skills required for that type of life, though. I think of those ladies at good at running a household. Me, I tried to hem some drapes yesterday (the iron-on hem that comes with IKEA curtains) and failed miserably. Then I took a shot at cleaning my bathroom this morning. Not so good at that, either.

But the lunches really are nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home