the life and times of kit

Friday, September 30, 2005

Not All Protests and Politics


toothbrush holders
Originally uploaded by Kit Pollard.

Post-protest, we did spend some time asking around to figure out what was going on. At this point in the trip, fairly last in the week, we also realized that we had no idea what was happening in America. On Thursday, we met a couple from Texas in the hotel lobby. They told us they'd been on a trip in Vienna and were unable to go home because Hurricane Rita hit Houston...so they had to spend a few days in Paris, waiting for relief efforts to begin.

Hearing this definitely made me a little homesick and I started to feel unsettled and out of touch. I talked to Cooper every day, but I was definitely missing my daily blog-reading. Plus, after almost a week without a to-do list, I was getting a little antsy.

Fortunately, a quick list of things I had left to buy, along with a visit to a very fun, colorful, very French shop put me back in a good mood. Sarah bought the little toothbrush holders in the picture at that shop...they're so cute and ridiculous and exactly what I needed to see at that point in the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home