the life and times of kit

Friday, September 16, 2005

FCC Police State?

I, like a lot of people, thought that the entire brouhaha surrounding the Janet Jackson Superbowl episode was unecessary and overdone (I was watching the show, and didn't even notice that anything had slipped).

But after what I saw at the gym today, it'll be a while before I feel that the FCC is being dramatic again. I'm pretty sure we've got all the leniency we need.

Because what I saw was...American Psycho on USA at 2:30 in the afternoon. That's right, an incredibly disturbing movie on basic cable, just in time for kids getting home from school.

Surely they could've found a stray episode of SVU to air, couldn't they? Or just have shown My Cousin Vinny again? Everybody loves Joe Pesci. Everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home