the life and times of kit

Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11th

All day today I've been wondering whether I'd post about the fourth anniversary of September 11th. I had a nice, regular day eating dinner and reading Us Weekly with my friends - very September 10th. What happened four years ago has been in the back of my mind all day, but it's only been at the front for brief moments, like when I drove past a flag at half-mast.

Just a few minutes ago, though, I read something that made me want to post. Trent, in a very solemn tribute, listed the names of everyone who died in the attacks. It is a very, very long list. Scrolling through has much the same effect as visiting the Vietnam memorial - it's devastating in a quiet way.

My friend Greg Trost is on the list and even though I've known since about a week after the attacks that he was in the WTC that day, it's still a little shocking to see his name.

I don't really have anything new or insightful to say about September 11th. But after reading the list, I just didn't want the whole day to pass without saying anything at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home