the life and times of kit

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Weird Mood

The other night, James Lileks had a dream about Hello Kitty drowning. Somehow that perfectly captures the kind of mood I've been in for the past few days. I think it must have something to do with reading so much about the devastation left by Katrina, and trying to imagine how I'd feel if Annapolis was under water, instead of New Orleans.

Probably also doesn't help that my mom calls me Katrina fairly often.

And that I read about 2 pounds of this months mammoth Vogue last night, leaving me with a desperate desire for thighs thinner than I could ever possibly have, draped in clothes more expensive than my house.

Even odder: in the two minutes it took me to type this, I got a phone call (wrong number) from a priest working at St. Mary's. Where we got married. He was very nice (as priests should be).

I'm going to do my best to take that as a good omen and cheer up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home