the life and times of kit

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Je suis chez moi

I'm back! And probably less French than ever. My accent managed to get worse while I was in Paris. My first night, I was all "je voudrais" this and "j'ai besoin de" that. But by the second to last night, I tried to say something (en francais) to a French girl, who then looked at me blankly and said, "I'm sorry, I don't speak English."

C'est la vie, je suppose. I did have a fantastic time and more detailed posts (with pics) will follow. Plus, I am very appreciative that Erin picked up my slack in my absence, though I didn't do quite as good a job taking pictures for her thesis as I'd hoped (I have some, though). And I'm not going to be quite over this Marty-JD INXS situation for a while (I have the episode on DVR. Not sure now if I'm going to watch it).

For now, I have what feels like about six weeks of laundry to do, a messy house, and a zillion emails. But such is the life of the jet-setter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home